* Follow us on Facebook!
THIS SUNDAY (March 26) Music at St. John’s presents piano duo Kirk Whipple and Marilyn Morales at 3:00. Admission is $15 (free for students).
LENTEN SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Monday Gumbo Lunch, every Monday in Lent, 11-1 (hall)
Choir practice, every Wednesday, 6:30pm (church)
Thursday Lenten Service/Supper/Discussion, 6:00pm (hall)
Friday Gumbo Club, every Friday at 9:00am (hall)
Sunday Eucharists, every Sunday, 8:00am and 10:30am (church)
Sunday School for adults and children, every Sunday, 9:30am (hall)
* Lenten Gumbo Lunch is served every Monday in Lent from 11:00-1:00. Chicken and sausage gumbo, french bread, choice of potato or carrot salad, and dessert for $9. Eat in or take out. Proceeds support the Food Bank.
* Choir practice is held every Wednesday night at 6:30 in the church.
* Thursday Lenten Service, Supper, and Discussion begins March 9 at 6:00pm in Horgan Hall.
* Friday Gumbo Club (preparing potato and carrot salads and such for gumbo lunches) meets every Friday morning during Lent at 9:00.
* Join us this Sunday morning (March 26) at 8:00 (no music) or 10:30 (music) for Holy Eucharist with Fr. Doug.
* Sunday School for adults and children begins at 9:30 in Horgan Hall.
* Regular office hours are Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday mornings from 9:00 – 12:00.
* SAVE THE DATE *** Art at St. John’s on April 1 from 10:00-3:00. Proceeds from art sales go toward the Historic Cemetery.
* A reprint of the book “The Remarkably Neat Church in the Village of Thibodaux” : An Antebellum History of St. John’s Episcopal Church, is available for purchase. The book was originally published in 1994 as part of the sesquicentennial celebration of St. John’s Episcopal Church, Thibodaux. Its general editor was David D. Plater. Other contributors included Babette Diket, Philip Uzee, Lou Swearingen, Lorraine Wise, Murray Dennis, and Diane Frost. All sale proceeds will be used for church and cemetery purposes.
The purchase price for the book is $20 ($15, plus $5 packaging and mailing). To order a copy, please send a check made out to St. John’s Episcopal Church, 718 Jackson Street, Thibodaux, La. 70301. Please provide a full mailing address and telephone number.
We hope that you enjoy reading this history of the early church, to the creation of which many people contributed.