Follow us on Facebook.
* Sunday Holy Eucharist is celebrated each Sunday at 8:00 (no music) and 10:30 (music).
(This Sunday, Feb. 25, Bishop Jim Brown will be our celebrant.)
* Sunday School for ALL AGES begins at 9:30 every Sunday.
* Monday Gumbo lunch will be servied from 11:00 – 1:00 for $9 (dine-in or take-out).
* Monday Bible Study Group WILL NOT MEET during Lent.
* Choir practice is held every Wednesday night at 6:30 in the church.
* Thursday Lenten supper and program begins at 6:00pm (except for March 1).
* Friday Gumbo prep club meets at 9:00 (except March 9 it’s moved to March 8).
* Regular office hours are Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday mornings from 9:00 – 12:00.
* A reprint of the book “The Remarkably Neat Church in the Village of Thibodaux” : An Antebellum History of St. John’s Episcopal Church, is available for purchase. The book was originally published in 1994 as part of the sesquicentennial celebration of St. John’s Episcopal Church, Thibodaux. Its general editor was David D. Plater. Other contributors included Babette Diket, Philip Uzee, Lou Swearingen, Lorraine Wise, Murray Dennis, and Diane Frost. All sale proceeds will be used for church and cemetery purposes.
The purchase price for the book is $20 ($15, plus $5 packaging and mailing). To order a copy, please send a check made out to St. John’s Episcopal Church, 718 Jackson Street, Thibodaux, La. 70301. Please provide a full mailing address and telephone number.
We hope that you enjoy reading this history of the early church, to the creation of which many people contributed.