* Follow us on Facebook!
* IT’S PARADE SUNDAY! Celebrate the Holy Eucharist with us in your finest Mardi Gras gear this Sunday morning (February 26) at 8:00 (no music) or 10:30 (music) with Fr. Doug and bring a picnic lunch and stay for the parades.
* Sunday School for adults and children begins at 9:30 in Horgan Hall.
* Wednesday Eucharists will begin again at 5:45pm this Wednesday, February 22, and continue every other Wednesday.
* Choir practice is held every Wednesday night at 6:30.
* Regular office hours are Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday mornings from 9:00 – 12:00.
* A reprint of the book “The Remarkably Neat Church in the Village of Thibodaux” : An Antebellum History of St. John’s Episcopal Church, is available for purchase. The book was originally published in 1994 as part of the sesquicentennial celebration of St. John’s Episcopal Church, Thibodaux. Its general editor was David D. Plater. Other contributors included Babette Diket, Philip Uzee, Lou Swearingen, Lorraine Wise, Murray Dennis, and Diane Frost. All sale proceeds will be used for church and cemetery purposes.
The purchase price for the book is $20 ($15, plus $5 packaging and mailing). To order a copy, please send a check made out to St. John’s Episcopal Church, 718 Jackson Street, Thibodaux, La. 70301. Please provide a full mailing address and telephone number.
We hope that you enjoy reading this history of the early church, to the creation of which many people contributed.