* Follow us on Facebook!
* Sunday Holy Eucharist is celebrated each Sunday at 8:00 (no music) and 10:30 (music). Fr. Doug Lasiter will be our celebrant this Sunday, Dec. 17. A vestry meeting will follow the 10:30 service.
* Sunday School for ALL AGES begins at 9:30 every Sunday.
* Bible Study Group meets every Monday evening at 6:30 in Horgan Hall.
* Wednesday night Holy Eucharist will be celebrated Dec. 20 at 5:45 with Fr. Doug and will continue every other week.
* Choir practice is held every Wednesday night at 6:30 in the church.
* Regular office hours are Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday mornings from 9:00 – 12:00.
* Fr. Doug’s office hours are Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10:00 – 2:00.
Mark Your Calendars!
Sights, Sounds, and Smells of Christmas – Friday, Dec. 22, 6-8
Dec. 24 services – 4th Sunday of Advent at 10:00 a.m. –
Christmas Eve beginning with lessons and carols at 6:00 p.m.
* A reprint of the book “The Remarkably Neat Church in the Village of Thibodaux” : An Antebellum History of St. John’s Episcopal Church, is available for purchase. The book was originally published in 1994 as part of the sesquicentennial celebration of St. John’s Episcopal Church, Thibodaux. Its general editor was David D. Plater. Other contributors included Babette Diket, Philip Uzee, Lou Swearingen, Lorraine Wise, Murray Dennis, and Diane Frost. All sale proceeds will be used for church and cemetery purposes.
The purchase price for the book is $20 ($15, plus $5 packaging and mailing). To order a copy, please send a check made out to St. John’s Episcopal Church, 718 Jackson Street, Thibodaux, La. 70301. Please provide a full mailing address and telephone number.
We hope that you enjoy reading this history of the early church, to the creation of which many people contributed.