* Follow us on Facebook!
* NO BIBLE STUDY THIS MONDAY (Nov. 20).
* NO WEDNESDAY SERVICE THIS WEDNESDAY (Nov. 22).
* NO CHILDREN’S SUNDAY SCHOOL THIS SUNDAY (Nov. 26).
* OFFICE HOURS ARE TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY THIS WEEK (Nov. 21, 22).
* Sunday Holy Eucharist is celebrated each Sunday at 8:00 (no music) and 10:30 (music). Fr. Travers Koerner will be our celebrant this Sunday, Nov. 26.
* Sunday School for ALL AGES begins at 9:30 every Sunday. (No children’s Sunday School on Nov. 26)
* Bible Study Group meets every Monday evening at 6:30 in Horgan Hall. (No Bible study Nov. 20)
* Wednesday night Holy Eucharist will be celebrated Dec. 6 at 5:45 with Fr. Doug and will continue every other week.
* Choir practice is held every Wednesday night at 6:30 in the church.
* Regular office hours are Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday mornings from 9:00 – 12:00.
* Fr. Doug’s office hours are Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10:00 – 2:00.
****Mark Your Calendars****
Dec. 2 – Gumbo workday – 9:00 until…
* A reprint of the book “The Remarkably Neat Church in the Village of Thibodaux” : An Antebellum History of St. John’s Episcopal Church, is available for purchase. The book was originally published in 1994 as part of the sesquicentennial celebration of St. John’s Episcopal Church, Thibodaux. Its general editor was David D. Plater. Other contributors included Babette Diket, Philip Uzee, Lou Swearingen, Lorraine Wise, Murray Dennis, and Diane Frost. All sale proceeds will be used for church and cemetery purposes.
The purchase price for the book is $20 ($15, plus $5 packaging and mailing). To order a copy, please send a check made out to St. John’s Episcopal Church, 718 Jackson Street, Thibodaux, La. 70301. Please provide a full mailing address and telephone number.
We hope that you enjoy reading this history of the early church, to the creation of which many people contributed.