Follow us on Facebook.
– No Monday night Bible study
– Wednesday night Holy Eucharist at 5:45 followed by choir practice at 6:30 in the church
– Sunday Holy Eucharist (Jan. 14) with The Reverend Minka Sprague at 8:00am and 10:30am
– Sunday School at 9:30am (Jan. 14) for all ages
***The 30th English Tea will be held on Saturday, January 27, from 3:00 – 5:00 in Horgan Hall. Tickets are $10 and proceeds go to the local food bank and to St. John’s Episcopal Church Women.
* Sunday Holy Eucharist is celebrated each Sunday at 8:00 (no music) and 10:30 (music).
* Sunday School for ALL AGES begins at 9:30 every Sunday.
* Bible Study Group meets every Monday evening at 6:30 in Horgan Hall (except Jan. 15).
* Wednesday night Holy Eucharist will be celebrated Jan. 17 at 5:45 with Fr. Doug and will continue every other week.
* Choir practice is held every Wednesday night at 6:30 in the church.
* Regular office hours are Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday mornings from 9:00 – 12:00.
* Fr. Doug’s office hours are Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10:00 – 2:00.
* A reprint of the book “The Remarkably Neat Church in the Village of Thibodaux” : An Antebellum History of St. John’s Episcopal Church, is available for purchase. The book was originally published in 1994 as part of the sesquicentennial celebration of St. John’s Episcopal Church, Thibodaux. Its general editor was David D. Plater. Other contributors included Babette Diket, Philip Uzee, Lou Swearingen, Lorraine Wise, Murray Dennis, and Diane Frost. All sale proceeds will be used for church and cemetery purposes.
The purchase price for the book is $20 ($15, plus $5 packaging and mailing). To order a copy, please send a check made out to St. John’s Episcopal Church, 718 Jackson Street, Thibodaux, La. 70301. Please provide a full mailing address and telephone number.
We hope that you enjoy reading this history of the early church, to the creation of which many people contributed.